In order to be eligible for and begin an Internship through the Architecture + Interior Design Program at UCLA Extension, follow the instructions listed below.
- You must have already established Candidacy in the Certificate Program. Master’s students do not need to pay the Candidacy Fee.
- You must have already completed at least 50% of the Certificate Program classes. If less than 50% of classes are completed, you must get approval by the Program Advisor to enroll in an Internship. Master’s students are exempt from this criteria.
- International student eligibility:
- Review the Internship Program Description.
- View the Job + Internship Opportunity Listings on the Arc+ID Website.
- Once a desired internship is found, apply for the internship and then arrange an interview with the firm.
- If necessary, make an appointment with the Program Advisor by calling (310) 794-3747. Bring a resume and a portfolio or examples of your work, if possible.
***NOTE: If this paperwork is not completed and sent within the first five days of starting the Internship, your Internship may not be approved and could therefore not count towards course credit. We recommend bringing this paperwork with you on the first day of your Internship.
- Find the Internship course online and select “Add to Cart” and “Checkout.” Fill in the Internship Information Application/Questionnaire. The questionnaire includes basic questions:
- Type of Internship – Paid or Unpaid
- Student Status – Domestic Student or International Student
- Student Name
- Certificate Name
- The Arc+ID office will send you an Internship Agreement Form via e-mail. You can also download your own copy: Unpaid Internship Agreement Form or Paid Internship Agreement Form
- Verify the accuracy of the agreement form. Fill in any other corresponding information and sign your name. Obtain the signature of an authorized agent from the company.
- Return the signed agreement form to the Arc+ID office. Please e-mail or hand-deliver it to Nicholas Sitter:
1010 Westwood Boulevard, Suite 211 Los Angeles, CA 90024
Your internship will receive its final approval by the Arc+ID Program Director and Associate Dean of Academic Affairs of UCLA Extension.
Please keep in mind that this must be completed within 5 days of beginning your internship.
5. Once approved, you will need to finalize enrollment by paying for the course. Please do so online or by calling the Enrollment Office at (310)825-9971.
- As soon as you have completed your Internship, see that the Intern Evaluation Form is filled out by your employer and delivered to the Arc+ID office. You will not receive course credit if this form is not completed. Your grade is based on your evaluation.
- You will also need to print and complete the Internship Exit Review and deliver it to the Arc+ID office.
- If your Internship extends beyond the end of the quarter in which you paid the course fee, you may receive a letter indicating that you have received a grade of Incomplete but don’t be concerned. As soon as your evaluation is received, a grade change will be made and you will not be penalized.
Ready to start your Internship? Continue to the Job + Internship Opportunity Listings to find the right Internship for you!