LCDQ (La Cienega Design Quarter) is pleased to announce #LCDQStrong Virtual Design Summit on May 5, 2021. Everyone is invited to view the virtual panel discussions and conversations and have the opportunity to chat with top design professionals from L.A. to London.
As part of the event, LCDQ is offering the LCDQ Scholarships to UCLA Extension Architecture & Interior Design students. The competition awards will be cash prizes for first, second, and third place. This award is funded by a kitchen appliance sponsor, that will be announced at a later time, as well as how the competition will be judged.
For the LCDQ Scholarships, we’re inviting student designers to create virtual window renderings on the theme LOOKING FORWARD. Students will submit a hand-drawn, colored illustration or a computer rendering or a hybrid, using at least five items from one of the LCDQ showrooms (listed here).
- Open to current UCLA Extension Architecture & Interior Design and Master of Interior Architecture students
- A 11 x 17 sized horizontal rendering. If you are going to paint, draw, illustrate, a 20 x 30 wide format will be fine as that can be resized to 11.333 x 17 wide.
- A mood board showing showcasing the brand and the showrooms where 5 of the products in the window are from
- Please use this list of LCDQ showrooms LCDQ member shops/showrooms for your five items
- Project captures the feeling and desire for LOOKING FORWARD in 2021*
- Deadline for the high-resolution jpeg file of your virtual window design and mood board is Sunday, April 25, 2021
- Please submit here by including your name, your instructor’s name, and a name for your window: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gw4FR9ZuFb50qFIbZ5sTd4fhcSaNwNE6?usp=sharing
* LOOKING FORWARD in 2021 THEME: What are YOU Looking Forward to? Gatherings of family and friends? Going to museums? A fabulous dinner party? Travel? As a theme, LOOKING FORWARD can mean something different to each person. It’s an expectant feeling, an excitement of good things to come. A progressive march toward happier and freer times. An open and positive outlook on life. We want to capture the feeling and desire of LOOKING FORWARD in 2021, and we invite you to participate in this movement!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for more information.