Founded in 1984, NEWH is an international non-profit organization, with 20 chapters and many affiliated areas, which links professionals from every facet of the hospitality industry and related fields. To date, NEWH has given over $3,200,000.00 USD in scholarships to young people wishing to pursue careers in the hospitality industry.
One of the objectives of NEWH is to promote scholarship and education of and interest in the Hospitality Industry. To that end, each Chapter is tasked with fundraising to provide scholarships for young people wishing to enter the Hospitality Industry and related fields.
Scholarships are awarded annually, based on the financial ability of the Chapter to fund such scholarship awards. Scholarship types are the Community College, or their equivalents, and the Baccalaureate College and are for students majoring in the Hospitality, Foodservice or related fields.
NEWH Los Angeles Founding Chapter is offering scholarships to students who are pursuing careers affiliated in the Hospitality Industry. Students will be awarded their winning scholarship at the NEWH Los Angeles Founding Chapter Gala on December 6th, 2014.
- You must be attending an accredited institution of higher learning
- You must have completed one half of the requirements for a degree or certification in the program which you are currently enrolled
- You must show financial need
- You must have a 3.0 GPA or higher
- You must have a career objective in one of the areas of the Hospitality Industry (i.e., Hotel/Restaurant Management, Culinary/Foodservice, Architecture, Interior Design, etc.)
To apply for the scholarship, download and complete the Scholarship Application Forms. Completed forms must be sent to Kim Bresson at 604 N 18th St., Montebello CA. 90640.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN OCTOBER 31, 2014
Additional Contact Information: