NEWH Los Angeles Founding Chapter is awarding scholarships to students pursuing a major and career within the Hospitality Industry. Winners will be honored later in the year during the NEWH Los Angeles Gala. NEWH chapters and regional groups across the U.S., Canada, and the UK award scholarships annually, based on whether student is in a 2-year, 4-year or graduate program and the following criteria:
- Enrolled student attending an accredited college/program in: Los Angeles, Southern California and zip codes 900-935
- Must have completed half your total required credits/units/hours for an undergrad degree (or 2-year certificate program) or be a graduate student
- 3.0 GPA (cumulative) or over “B” average or grade percentage of 83% – 86% equivalent
- Have financial need through college for current/upcoming tuition or program approved books/supplies
- Major and career objective within a hospitality related field (interior design, architecture, hospitality management, travel and tourism, culinary, senior living, etc.)
Founded in 1984, NEWH is an international non-profit organization, which provides access to the hospitality industry through scholarships, mentorship, and education. NEWH chapters and regional groups award scholarships annually to students pursuing a future within the hospitality market. NEWH scholarship alumni boast careers in hospitality design, development, hotel management, operations, and culinary, around the world.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY SEPTEMBER 30, 2018