- First Prize: The Thompson Prize is a cash award of $5,000, plus a trophy.
- Second Prize: The Award of Distinction is a cash award of $2,500, plus a plaque.
- Third Prize: The Award of Merit is a cash award of $1,000, plus a plaque.
- Special Citations: A Special Citation is a cash award of $500, plus a plaque.
- Entrants must be full time students, enrolled in an accredited academic degree program in the United States. Approved programs include architectural engineering programs, architecture programs, interior design programs, theater, or industrial design programs. Because of the high level of competition, it is recommended that entrants be undergraduate seniors or graduate students.
- Only individuals may apply. Group projects are not acceptable.
- The fixture must be designed within the past year and while the entrant is a student.
- A faculty member at the student’s school must sponsor the application.
Online submissions must be uploaded by 11:59pm April 1, 2016.
How to Enter
For contest requirements, rules, and instructions, please visit 2016 Rules & Submission Instructions.