AIA/LA is hosting a panel for emerging professionals tonight from 6:30-8:30pm at Knoll Showroom (214 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 200, Santa Monica, CA) entitled: “Success, War Stories, and Lessons Learned.” Also, one of Arc_ID’s very own instructors Rocky Rockefeller is a panelist! We encourage you all to attend. Free for AIA members, $10 for non-members it’s a bargain!
Please RSVP in advance to:
Amanda Daunis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 213.639.0777
(Parking is available at the City of Santa Monica Public Parking Structure on 2nd Street, entering after 6pm: $3 flat rate)
More information from their emailing:
“In this tough economic time, marketing one’s services is more essential than ever. Come hear from our marketing expert SHARLENE SILVERMAN and a distinguished panel of practitioners who, like you, are out in the trenches everyday: ROCKY ROCKEFELLER, AIA (Rockefeller Partners Architects), PAUL MURDOCH, AIA (Paul Murdoch Architects) and JULIE EIZENBERG, AIA (Koning Eizenberg Architecture), with moderator STEPHEN OLSON, AIA (Olson Architects).”
The discussion will cover the following topics:
• What is marketing anyway?
• Marketing doesn’t happen by accident.
• You can make a plan
• Prioritizing your efforts. Focus on the things that count most now.
• Relationships don’t matter if you don’t close the deal.
• Challenges for small practices.
• Real world examples: successes, war stories and lessons learned