The Dylan de Guzman Scholarship Fund, established in 2016, supports students enrolled in the UCLA Extension Architecture & Interior Design Certificate. This scholarship was created to provide qualified individuals whose emphasis is interior design with the opportunity to complete their certificate at UCLA Extension.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday October 21st (PST)
Submit application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens with a green card who are currently enrolled in the Architecture & Interior Design Certificate and have paid the certificate candidacy fee. Eligibility requires that the applicant apply to the Interior Design: Foundation Level certificate.
- At the time of application for this scholarship, students must satisfy all of these conditions: have completed at least 12 units with grades of B or higher in the Architecture & Interior Design Certificate; have a minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 in the certificate program.
- Must be in good standing at the time of application, and students must follow all regulations as well as all policies of UCLA Extension. • Must attain a letter grade of “B” or higher in each course to maintain eligibility for the scholarship.
- Must submit their application so that is it received by midnight (PST) by the deadline of Friday, Oct. 21.
- May not be employed by UCLA or UCLA Extension. UCLA and UCLA Extension employees and their family members or dependents are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply To apply, eligible candidates must submit: Documentation of financial need.
To establish financial need, you must submit the following:
- A copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) from the 2016-17 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with your application (fafsa.ed.gov). NOTE: It can take anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks to get your SAR, so fill out your FAFSA early. SARs will not be accepted after the deadline. The SAR is not the same as the FAFSA summary page you receive immediately after submitting your FAFSA application. Where it asks for School Code etc., use the information in the box below.
- A signed photocopy of your/your spouse’s 2015 Federal Income Tax Return (IRS Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ 1040TEL) with all schedules and worksheets (or that of your parents if you were claimed as a dependent—parental tax returns are required for applicants born after January 01, 1993). If you are currently unemployed and/or receiving public assistance, current documentation dated within the past 30 days verifying source of income and monthly entitlement is required.
- Official transcript from UCLA Extension.
- Two letters of recommendation. Letters should be attached to the application email as Word documents or PDFs. One recommendation must be completed by a UCLA Extension instructor of a class taken by the applicant. The other recommendation may be completed by a UCLA Extension instructor or another person who can detail the applicant’s academic, professional, or community achievements at UCLA, in the community, or in the home country (for international students). The recommenders cannot be other UCLA Extension students or family members of the applicant.
PLEASE CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINK FOR SCHOLARSHIP PDF.
Phone: (310) 825-7728